Below you will find various educational resources to potentially share with students and webinars to improve your own background environmental knowledge. Feel free to share with others (you can also use the hashtag #GREENfromhome, if you’d like)!
Check out Student Home Resources and Activities here
Celebrate Earth Week! (4/20 – 4/25)
- Thurston Conservation District Earth Day 2020! (4/22)
- Earth Day Clean Up with Pacific Shellfish Institute! (Now through 4/30)
- Stream Team’s Earth Day Art Contest (Submit by 4/22)
- The Chrysalis Project (Art in Action) by the Thurston Climate Action Team (4/25, free to register)
- EPA Earth Day 2020 Activities
Future Webinars (taking place over next few weeks)
- Volcano Tuesdays with the Mount St. Helens Institute!
- Videos every Tuesday
- Grades: K-5
- The Chrysalis Project, Transforming Together
- Saturday, April 25th, 10 am (registration free + required)
- A collaborative Art in Action project to create a positive vision for our future and call for strong climate action
- Biochar: What is it?
- Mar 19, 2020 11:00 am US/Eastern
- On a scale of 0-14, how familiar are you with the ocean acidification pHacts?!
- Thursday, Mar 19, 2020 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDT
- Ocean Guardian Schools: Learn how to get involved
- March 26, 2020, 3 pm Pacific / 6 pm Eastern
- Exploring the Blue with National Marine Sanctuaries – Live Video
- March 30, 2020, 8 am Pacific
- Woods Hole Research Center Climate Webinar Series
- Every Wednesday, beginning 4/1
- Sharks 4 Kids Webinars
- All week March 30-April 3!
- Sharks 4 Kids Webinars
- SOARCE Webinars
- Archived webinars for marine science
- More NOAA webinars: https://sanctuaries.noaa.gov/education/teachers/webinar-series.html
- BirdSleuth K-12 Webinars
- NACD Urban and Community Conservation Webinars
Education Materials and Training
Water & Water Quality
- WET Science Center Daily Science Activities
- Project WET
- Interactive lessons: https://www.discoverwater.org/
- Register for Earth Day Climate Training on 3/23: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeA3MieerQIq7RYyNEVAJOAbwFxHkcpT1FTt3k7QCd-_RS6_w/viewform
- Climate Generation’s Next Generation Climate Curriculum for 6th-8th Grade
- Extensive, thorough, and interactive climate curriculum with home-based activities.
- CAMEL Climate Change Education
- NOAA Marine Sanctuaries at Home
- OceanWise – Ocean activities and lesson plans for all ages
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution – K-12 Education Resources for Students and Teachers
- NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer: Education Materials Collection
- Videos and other teacher resources from the North Carolina Aquariums
- Pollinator Backyard Activity Guide
- Salish Magazine | Explore, Uncover, Connect, Share
Indigenous Knowledge and Education
- A LOT of environmental education resources for all grades, including professional development.