Do you like watching videos, playing board games, or creating art for a local poster contest? If so, check out the resources below for those resources and a whole lot more!
If you end up doing these activities and want to share it with us, use the hashtag #GREENfromhome on Instagram – we’d love to show everybody that there are still lots of fun activities and projects they can take on from home!
Check out Teacher Home Resources here
- Great Youtube series with a lot of topics, including ecology, biology, and astronomy
- Ocean Protection Advocacy Kids (OPAK) Webinars
- Small ocean education and advocacy non-profit with a STEAM focus
- Free webinars each week!
- Smithsonian Science Webcasts
- Learn about Water Discover Water Project WET
- North American Association of Environmental Educators list of EE and home based activities for distance learning
- Nautilus Live | Explore the ocean LIVE with Dr. Robert Ballard and the Corps of Exploration
- Live/archived videos from ocean research cruises
- NetLogo wolf/sheep/grass simulator
- Explore population bio and energy exchange
- Control over parameters helps explore and find trends
- Aquifers, Creeks, & Wells Activity
- Fun way to demonstrate the relationship between groundwater and streams!
- Hyporheic Zone Video-USFWS
- Northwest Conifer Identification Activity
- Animated Short feat. Billy Frank Jr.- Salmon Defense