Though we may not be able to take students outside this fall, we have been working hard over the summer to develop some curriculum, tools, and hands-on activities to keep your students engaged and learning about water quality this year! Check out this 2020-2021 Resources Slide Show or see below for individual links:
- We put together activities for Earth Week with some of our local community partners! Find the full packet of materials here.
- We’re offering Water Quality Graphing and Analysis sessions in March for our classes that normally participate in water quality monitoring. Sign up here if you’re interested!
- Did you participate in Water Quality Monitoring this year? Be sure to enter your data in our Water Quality Data Sheet!
- Check out our McLane Creek Nature Trail Resources, including an interactive Digital Notebook and a signup for live salmon spawning Zoom sessions from McLane Creek!
- An interactive Story Map of our South Sound Watersheds! This was designed to give your students a “virtual tour” of their monitoring site. We included data going back to the 90’s (!) as well as some fun interactive activities pertaining to each test. Watch our Story Map Overview to understand how to best use the resource!
- A series of short videos, including Introduction to Watersheds, Introduction to Water Quality, and Water Quality Parameters
- An Interactive Field Notebook (special thanks to Julia Fregonara and the Nisqually River Education Project!)
- Take-home water quality testing strips to encourage inquiry (and a break from screen time!). Use this form to request test strips.
- Live Zoom or pre-recorded visits with your classroom (see Google Form below to sign up)!
- Feel free to use some of our ThurstonTalk Home Science Activities!
Schedule Your Zoom Meeting:
We are scheduling Water Quality Monitoring Zoom meetings with teachers and classes on a first-come first-serve basis, that will occur between Oct. 5th- 30th [now extended through November], 2020. We will be offering one Zoom meeting per class, and teachers can request a date, time, and a live or pre-recorded option for the meeting using the form below.
Before filling out the form, please check the calendars below to see if the date and time you are requesting is available. These calendars will be updated daily and manually, so please provide a first and second choice for your meeting in case your time slot is booked.